As you continue reading below, we will guide you through the entire process of how to install XWAMC1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Fame S6810P using ODIN. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. It is always better to make a backup before doing anything with your Android device. This is an official firmware update by Samsung, not a modified or a custom ROM. The following tips are important as they will help the installation procedure to go smooth without any issues. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: All the custom ROMs and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. We (MyTrickSource) or the developers are not to be held responsible if you damage or brick your device. We don’t have you on gun point to try out this tutorial ;-)
XXAMB5 Android 4.1.2 Firmware Details:
Date: 2013 April
Regions: South East Europe
Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810P USB DriversYou will need to connect your Android phone with the computer. For that, please make sure you have installed the Android 4.1.2 USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810P properly. If not, you can download the latest official drivers from our Android USB Drivers section here:
Download Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810P USB drivers!
Backup and Other Important Tips on AndroidDone with the USB drivers? Perfect. The tutorial is on the next page, but first, please take a look at the following tips and important points you need to take care of. These are important, as we don’t want anyone losing their personal data or apps:
Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case, you never know when anything might go wrong. See below for some tips on how to backup data:
- Backup your Apps. How? –> How to Backup Android Apps.
- Backup your SMS messages. How? –> How to Backup/Restore SMS Messages.
- Backup Call History. How? –> How to Backup Call History.
- Backup APN Settings: GPRS, 3G, MMS Settings. How? Note down everything from: Settings > Wireless & Networks (More…) > Mobile networks > Access Point Names.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up.
A few more optional tips that you should remember:1. Having problems connecting your Android phone to the computer? You need to enable USB debugging mode.
2. Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
3. Most of the tutorials and how-to guides on MyTrickSource are for factory unlocked Android phones and tablets. We recommend NOT to try our guides if your phone is locked to a carrier, unless we have specified the carrier name or device model.
If you find the above tips useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE to thank us!
How to Update Galaxy Frame S6810 to XXAMB5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Please read every line carefully and make sure you read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your Android device.
This XXAMB5 Jelly Bean firmware tutorial is only for Samsung Fame S6810P. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the Galaxy.
All your USB drivers should be installed properly.
Make sure you backup all your data in your Galaxy Fame S6810P before proceeding.
Rooting Warning: This is an official XXAMB5 Android 4.1.2 update for Galaxy Fame S6810P, which means you will lose root as soon as you install this update . You will again have to root Galaxy Fame S6810P to gain full system access and be able to install root apps again. You may also like to read the Benefits of Rooting in Android.
Complete Step-By-Step Instructions:Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 S6810PXXAMB5 for Galaxy Fame S6810P to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810P.
Step 3 - Switch off your Galaxy Fame S6810P. Now to get in the bootloader mode. Turn on the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power buttons, till you see the Samsung logo or the construction Android robot and a triangle. This is the Download Mode.
Step 4 - Make sure you have your Galaxy Fame S6810P USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5 - Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while it is in the Download Mode.
Step 6 - If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7 - Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Step 9 - Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10 - After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy Fame S6810P has now been updated to XXAMB5 android 4.1.2 software update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Hit +1 or LIKE to thanks us!
If you run into any problems, feel free to drop us a comment below and we will reply you back ASAP with the fix or the solution to your problem.